June 30, 2014 Prompt #59
Today’s prompt follows up on yesterday’s Sunday Shape-Up which starred stars.
- Use one of these phrases as your prompt: Gold Stars. Hollywood Star. Star struck. Starburst. Star of David. Star of Bethlehem. Star-crossed.
- Write in response to the painting Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh. Imagine you are in the painting. Imagine you are painting the painting.
Variations for Writing Groups
- If you meet at night, find a safe but dark area from which to view the sky. Without writing, look at the stars for 5 full minutes. Then, using the minimal amount of light needed, write down impressions and sensations.
- Inside, follow-up by circling a favorite phrase from your notes and using it as your first line. Write for 20 minutes.
- If it isn’t possible to see the night sky during your writing group, look at a photo of the night sky here. Choose one of the photos and write in response to it for 20 minutes.