for Wednesday, July 23, 2014 • Prompt #70
- Someone just walked out of this door.
- Write about it.
- Describe the person.
- How are they dressed?
- Are they rushing out, strolling, running, moving briskly in a wheelchair?
- What are they thinking?
- Do they live in this building?
- Where are they going? Will they be coming back?
- Write about two people walking out together or one shortly after the other.
- Write about someone walking in.
Writing Group Variations
- As a group, sit near a busy building. Create a background and story for someone walking in or out. (Don’t be stalker-ish. If people seem uncomfortable, move elsewhere.)
- Later, develop your observations and turn it into a piece of flash fiction (under 300 words.)