Monday, July 21, 2014 • Prompt #78
On Sunday, I went to a pool party in Longmont’s Sunset Park,
which inspires today quick prompt:
Write about swimming.
Aspects to consider:
- The body of water.
- Your body in the water. (Or that of your character.)
- The repetition or rhythm of strokes or kicking.
- The sound of splashing, waves and breathing. Perhaps the absence of sound under the water.
- The temperature of the air or the water.
- The smell and taste of the water. Briney? Chlorine? Salty?
- The quality of light.