Saturday, July 19, 2014 • Prompt #76
Following yesterday’s Opening Lines post, here are two more prompts with which to experiment. Choose one of these lines for the exercise.
- They say I’m not normal.
- The one place I can be myself is…
- The first person I told was…
- Something you should know about my sister…
- No one knows this, but…
- Invert your opening sentence to give it an opposite meaning. For instance, change They say I’m not normal to They say I am normal. Write for 15 minutes.
- Change one word: The second person I told. No one believes this but…., etc. Write for 15 minutes.
Group Writing Variations
- Discuss what makes a good opening line.
- Write a list of opening lines for each other.
- Write for 15 minutes.