Because I recently facilitated the painting of a mural on the side of my garage, I have circles on my mind. For this mural, based on a Kandinsky painting, over 20 members of my cohousing community (plus a few neighbors) pitched in to paint a circle or two. Aged 3 to 60, the painters added their unique perspectives to the mural.
Inspired by any of the circles depicted above, write about
- Orbits. Real or symbolic.
- Targets. Metaphorical and not metaphorical.
- Things that Spin.
- Enclosing and Being Enclosed.
- Write for 10 minutes without letting your pen off the paper. Write whatever comes to mind.
- When you finish, circle a favorite or a disturbing word or phrase and write it on the top of a new piece of paper.
- Write for 15 minutes more.
Stumped? Try including a conversation between two strangers, a man spinning on the ice, a woman spinning a top, or a child rolling down hill.