For Saturday, August 2, 2014
You receive an unexpected package in the mail.
Write about it for 15 minutes.
1. Do you shake the box before you open it, trying to guess what it is?
2. Do you recognize the return address?
3. Describe the box. Is there a lot of tape? Is the address label handwritten? Any stamps on it?
4. How do you open the box? Carefully? Enthusiastic me? With dread?
5. Describe what is inside, where it came from, if you’ve seen it before, and other details.
6. Or, do you leave it unopened? Do you hide it away? Why?