Wednesday, July 28, 2014 • Prompt #87
The element of time often adds suspense and welcome tension to writing. For this prompt, write about two people who agree to meet under this clock at 3 p.m.
Suggestions and Considerations
- Describe the day’s weather. How does that influence the story?
- Do the two people already know each other?
- Is one person new to the City? Is one a long-time resident?
- Why have they chosen the clock as a meeting place?
- Write for 15 minutes.
More Writing Options
- Write a piece where one person is wealthy and one is broke.
- Write about an illegal or illicit transaction.
- Write a piece in which the second person never arrives.
- Write a piece in which the second person brings a third person.
- Write a piece in which the first person is holding a box.