Sunday, July 27, 2014 • Prompt #84
Write about buttons.
- Find two or three buttons.
- Hold them in your hand.
- Describe their weight, color, texture and material.
- What is your response seeing or touching these buttons?
- Write for 20 minutes.
Options and Springboards
- Write about a button found on the sidewalk.
- Write about an absent button, missing from a coat or sleeve.
Writing Group Options
- Each group member brings several buttons to writing group.
- Put them all in the middle of the table.
- Choose one to write about.
- Fashion a poem, story or creative non-fiction piece around it.