Tuesday, July 15, 2014 Prompt #72
Yesterday afternoon, I wandered through Chicago’s Lincoln Park Zoo, the inspiration for today’s writing prompt.
Write about zoos.
- You can focus on a particular zoo, animal, visit, or a opinion about zoos.
- Or you can write in a more abstract, mixed-up, or interwoven kind of way.
- This prompt lends itself especially well to sensory descriptions: be sure to include the sounds, sights, textures, and smells all around you.
- Explore your emotions and state of being. What was your motivation for being at the zoo? Were you eager or reluctant to be there?
- Shift your perspective with that of one of the animals. Write for 20 minutes.
- Write about being in a zoo at dawn or dusk.
Writing Group Variations
- Visit a zoo and spend time writing there.
- Or swap zoo stories and write from there.