For Saturday, July 12, 2014 Prompt #69
Write about a ritual, either personal or public, that you have taken part in or regularly take part in.
1. Write about the ritual in a factual step by step detail. Write for 10 minutes.
2. Next, add in emotional and sensory details, perhaps explaining what draws you to this ritual, what you like and don’t like about it, how it has changed over the years, or how you have changed it, or how you would change it if you could.
Create a ritual for yourself and describe the who, what, why, when, and how of it.
For Writing Groups
- Share a ritual with the group.
- With each others’ permission, write about a change to the ritual and the reaction that participants have because of it.
- Read the altered rituals out loud to each other.